Wonko on 25 Sep 2002 21:53:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Guy Stuff

Quoth Glotmorf,

> C. Saga Forms

So it's like group writing, only weirder and with rule changes thrown
throughout?

> Other than by adding excerpts, a Chronicle cannot be changed by a proposal.
> However, a CFI can challenge the validity of a Chronicle in relation to its
> Saga's Rules and its own internal consistency, and dictate changes to be made
> to the Chronicle if the CFI is ruled True.

How strictly do you expect the rules to be enforced? I mean, you've already
infringed on "The Guy's" story guidelines by mentioning that e recalls
having seen a movie called 'Cube', which would be a memory of eir past.

> C.4. Scoring
>
> When a player votes on a proposal that contains Excerpts, e may also give that
> proposal a rating, which is an integer between 0 and 15. If e does not, e is
> assumed to have given that proposal a rating of 7. If a proposal with Excerpts
> passes, its proponent recieves a number of points equal to the average of all
> ratings given to that proposal by players other than the proponent who voted
> for the proposal.

You should specify that Excerpts don't qualify as Nomilogue material - many
Excerpt style proposals will probably also qualify as Nomilogues, and that
means up to a 30 point bonus per proposal, which is rather a lot. If you
don't do that, then I suspect I'll vote against all Excerpt proposals, or at
least rate them 0, on the grounds that they give their proponents too many
points.

--
Wonko