Wonko on 20 Sep 2002 03:07:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Well, damn, here's a thought...

Quoth Glotmorf,

>> him

>> vote
>>> are

>>> Bad baron.  No biscuit.
>>>
>>> The only way someone can buy a majority of someone else's stock is if the
>>> someone else puts a majority of eir stock up for purchase.  There may be
>>> other ways in the future, but that's it for now.  R946.C.2.5 isn't a
>>> problem if there aren't any player stocks that existed prior to this
>> nweek.
>>>
>>> Glotmorf
>>>
>> -I think Wonko found the hole there. He bought those stocks before they
>> were
>> regulated like that. I don't think anyone should be able to tell someone
>> how
>> to vote anyway, not like that. You don't, however, think that my logic is
>> bad on the Witch point? That's far more important.-
>
> The Witch point I'll heartily agree with.
>
> The rule exists for a reason.  If you're selling pieces of yourself, the
> people who are buying you should expect to get something for their money.
> That includes a certain amount of say in how you conduct your business, since
> you represent an investment to them.  Certainly they'd want to have some say
> in what happens to you the entity after you the player fail to operate you.
>
> That's the whole point of the going public thang.  If anyone's gonna let
> someone else control you, it should be you.  So no one should be able to get a
> majority interest in you unless you let them.
>
> My latest CFI should take care of it.  The idea behind it is that we've got
> these things now called player stocks, and we've got a procedure for creating
> and destroying them.  If what Wonko claims are player stocks weren't created
> via this procedure, they obviously don't fall under our definition of player
> stocks, and therefore aren't player stocks.  Yes, there was a definition for
> something called player stocks before, but that definition is gone now, so
> what might have been player stocks at an earlier time aren't player stocks
> now, since player stocks are defined totally differently.

They were player stocks before your rule passed. The fact that they've been
slightly revised doesn't destroy them. Otherwise, for example, every time
you proposed a change to DimShips, all DimShips should have been scrapped
first. And every time the Grid changes, the entire thing should be destroyed
and recreated. That would be quite absurd. Think about what all you're
reinterpreting before you reinterpret things, Glotmorf.

--
Wonko