Glotmorf on 20 Sep 2002 02:27:05 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Well, damn, here's a thought...

On 9/19/02 at 10:18 PM Baron von Skippy wrote:

>I pay the Witch Gremlin to Curse Wonko, thus making it impossible for him
>do any voting... here's the rationale.
>
>256.B.2:
>If the Witch Gremlin is Active, any player who has not done so already
>that
>nweek may pay (10 + 5d3) points to the Gremlin Fund to make the Witch
>Gremlin Curse a player. As long as a player is Cursed, e may not vote.
>
>946.C.2.5:
>Each shareholder of a player can cast shareholder votes, one per share
>owned
>of the player's stock, on each ballot issue, to determine how the player
>will vote on that issue; a shareholder vote must be one of the valid vote
>types for a ballot issue. The votes a player casts as eir ballot votes are
>used to determine eir shareholder votes for that issue.
>
>I interpret this as meaning that the Witch Gremlin can block Wonko's
>Shareholder votes as well as eir regular Votes. Which gives me a window
>for
>today's proposal:
>
>{{
>__Wonko: 5, Game: 1__
>
>Delete subsection C.2.5 of Rule 946.
>Give 946.C.2.6 the serial number 946.C.2.5.
>}}
>
>Now, if Wonko had gone Public, I could have bought a majority and
>controlled
>all of his Shareholder votes too... ah well. Someone else would have
>out-bought me.

Bad baron.  No biscuit.

The only way someone can buy a majority of someone else's stock is if the someone else puts a majority of eir stock up for purchase.  There may be other ways in the future, but that's it for now.  R946.C.2.5 isn't a problem if there aren't any player stocks that existed prior to this nweek.

						Glotmorf