David E. Smith on 19 Sep 2002 02:20:08 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 22 VOTING RESULTS

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Glotmorf wrote:

> I'd just like to point out that the "massive ambiguity" as a result of
> p973 wouldn't be present except for the veto of p965.  The whole point
> of p965 was to make existing stock holdings go away.  Are you SURE you
> can't implement it?

I cannot do so in a way that guarantees that only stock-related
transactions are negated, and that other, legal transactions (i.e.
Wonko's giving away some of eir BNS, some unknown quantity of which e
would have had regardless of eir massive stock acquisitions) are not
negated. I simply lack the time and patience (and adequate records) to do
so.

And my comment:

>   [[ I can't tell you how tempting it is to veto this... ]]

was really directed to the idea of player stocks in general. (Though the
part about players that leave the game get bought out, and their ghosts
continue for the sole purpose of being extra votes, is pretty damn
obnoxious in its own right.)

I don't understand your fascination with having things other than real
live humans being able to cast votes anyway. First Gremlins, then
societies, now dead players... what's next, me? :-)

I think I'm starting to understand where a lot of Uin's stuff was coming
from. That kinda scares me.

...dave