Wonko on 18 Sep 2002 01:59:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Egad, what happened?

Quoth Rob Speer,

> So I took a five-week hiatus from the game, and came back to find that
> there were no new messages coming in. I thought that the game had ground
> to a halt like A Nomic had.
>
> You all kept going on another list? Gah. Now I have *tons* of stuff to
> attempt to catch up on.
>
> The new ruleset should make an interesting day's reading...

I suggest, before doing anything else, you COME OFF LEAVE!

You would have been garbage collected already, except the Garbage Collection
rule measures by nweek, and a long, complicated chain of events mean that
you won't hit the three nweek limit until three days after Dave posts voting
results. That's right, since you left, it hasn't even been three nweeks.
That's kind of sad... nweek 22 was, what, a month and a half long?

First we had the Road Trip... Then Joel took away the server, that caused
some delay while we tried to get everyone on the same mailing list again...
Then Dave's personal life intervened, and the game stopped again... then,
because many site-based records were lost, we had a State of Emergency, that
was a few more days... And now we're waiting for the combined effects of a
three-day entropy based clock stop and the "wait for the votes to get
counted" clockstop.

It's been a *LONG* nweek.

On the plus side, this new nweek is Unlimited Bandwidth Nweek! It's like
nweek two all over again!

--
Wonko