Wonko on 14 Aug 2002 02:17:10 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] (no subject)

Quoth Orc In A Spacesuit,

> I already thought of this a while back, but since Wonko mentions it...
> I propose the following rule:
> {{__Can't Touch This__
> No proposal may be made which would, in any way, cause this rule to be
> amended or repealed, or affect this rule's validity.  No Call for Inquiry
> and/or Call for Judgement may be made which, if ruled true, would in any way
> cause this rule to be amended or repealed, or affect this rule's validity.
> No Refresh Proposals may in any way cause this rule to be amended or
> repealed, or affect this rule's validity.  The Administrator may not make
> any changes to any rule, proposal, game state, or anything else, which
> would, in any way, cause this rule to be amended or repealed, or affect this
> rule's validity.  The Administrator may not make any changes to this Rule
> for any reason.
>
> The above paragraph also applies to the rule __Chutzpah__.
>
> This rule always has a Chutzpah equal to the Chutzpah the rule with the
> greatest Chutzpah other than this one, plus 1.  This rule always takes
> precedence over all other rules, even those that state they take precedence
> or otherwise overrule this rule or other rules in general.
> }}

Here's what I said:
Say, here's an idea for the Immutability quest. If anyone can suggest to me
a rule that, were it in the ruleset, could not be changed, but would still
allow the same degree of mutability we have now in all other rules, I'll
give them lots of BNS.

The key part there is "would still allow the same degree of mutability we
have now in all other rules". Yours would make Chutzpah immutable too.

Besides, I could get around it by redefining precedence.
--
Wonko