David E. Smith on 2 Aug 2002 03:51:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Get Out And Vote!

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Baron von Skippy wrote:

> -Unless I'm wrong again, isn't there a three day break starting now, which
> would put Sunday evening as nday 1? So, really, you'd only be extending the
> Pause until Thursday if you wait, and until next Sunday or so if you do it
> now. Given that, I say wait.-

If there is such a thing, I'm wholly unaware of it. (What three-day break
are you thinking of?)

The only ways I know of to legally suspend play are to withhold voting
results (since the clock is Off right now), or to invoke the Road Trip
rule on Sunday night. Either way, the Clock will come back on pretty much
any time I dictate.

(Actually, I'll have to invoke the Road Trip rule on Sunday night
regardless. Without it, r0 only has a 7-day limit, and if I get stuck in
traffic somewhere, everything falls apart soon.)

...dave