Baron von Skippy on 30 Jul 2002 01:28:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Proposal-Stocks

> -A good start, but it lacks complexity. A player buying stock would raise a > real stock's price, and selling lowers. This should be represented somehow, > and there should be boom-and-bust cycles, like in the real stock market.-
>
>                                                    -BvS-

The problem with that is then you could just make arbitrary large amounts
of money by buying a lot of one stock in spurts, then selling it all at
once.
I think a random walk will generate boom and bust cycles, but if you have
another modelling suggestion, I'll consider it.

Athena

-But you couldn't, not necessarily. One investor can't change a stock's price too much, it takes a lot of investors at once. So the changes would need to be tiny but in force they could change things. I'll give it some thought.-

                                                  -BvS-