Baron von Skippy on 30 Jul 2002 01:18:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Random Comments!

In p888: Why make Immutable rules start at #2000? Given that the whole R&D
and Testing phases takes 15 nweeks, it's certainly possible that we'll
reach "real" object 2000 before the whole Immutable thing has run its
course, and that'll seriously break the database. (Unless you want to have
two things numbered 2000, 2001, 2002, etc. which also breaks the
database.) Numbering them in the standard fashion is trivial -- I can add
an "immutable" ruletype to the system easily enough. (The fact that I have
no idea what the devil these are supposed to do is another issue
entirely.)
-If that's the way you want it, it's a possibility, but I'm trying to keep them from taking precedence. IR 920 would take precedence over normal Rule 921, which could be a very bad thing. Also, it's nweek 21 and we're not yet halfway to 2000. That number can be raised in the altered form of the Quest proposal (SHELVE proposal 888!), if it looks like a possible danger. Or they could be completely seperated from the rest of the Gamestate (Rules I1, I2, I3 for example) to avoid all of these problems. Doing that would also prevent anything like Wonko's idea from breaking the Game.-

                                                  -BvS-