The Voice on 29 Jul 2002 17:46:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Proposal-Stocks

From: "Jeremy \"Athena\" Cook" <mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, Baron von Skippy wrote:

> -A good start, but it lacks complexity. A player buying stock would raise a > real stock's price, and selling lowers. This should be represented somehow, > and there should be boom-and-bust cycles, like in the real stock market.-
>
>                                                    -BvS-

The problem with that is then you could just make arbitrary large amounts
of money by buying a lot of one stock in spurts, then selling it all at
once.
I think a random walk will generate boom and bust cycles, but if you have
another modelling suggestion, I'll consider it.

Athena

I'll be really impressed if either of you can come up with a model which approximates the behavior of a real market. If you could, it would warrant a Respect prop, honestly... has anyone seen Pi? :)

-0-THE VOICE-0-
Darren Aronofsky Rules!