The Voice on 24 Jul 2002 15:41:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Less Is More: Ministries

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On 7/23/02 at 6:33 PM The Voice wrote:

>I left out the part that says that you can only hold one Ministry at any
>given time.

I once had an idea that someone who is currently holding a ministry could be elected to an additional ministry, but that the required percentage of the vote in eir favor increased based on the number of ministries e already held. Like the first ministry only requires 1/2 the vote, the second requires 2/3, the third needs 3/4, etc. As in, (N/N+1), where N is the number of ministries one currently holds, plus one. Whaddaya think?

Maybe if they were voted into the ministry this would work, but what if they were non-voted ministries, like you and I and WC? By specifying one's self in the rule/proposal, one gets around this.

>I made Ministries permanent-- they no longer only last for an nyear if you
>win an election.

"...Unless specified otherwise in the rule that defines the ministry"?

Hmm... maybe. Again, perhaps it could be permanent for non-voted ministries and temporary for voted ones.

						Glotmorf

-0- Thus Spake The Voice -0-