Glotmorf on 19 Jul 2002 20:58:08 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Alterations, Round 2, ding!

On 7/19/02 at 2:27 PM Baron von Skippy wrote:

>Replace the entirety of the first paragraph of the IMF delimited text of
>my
>proposal with the following MRFIXIT delimited text:
>
>MRFIXIT
>There exist rules of type Immutable. The names of Immutable rules must
>contain the phrase "X's Immutable Rule," where "X" is the name of the
>player
>who created the rule. No player may have more than one Immutable rule,
>unless there is a direct connection between all of eir Immutable Rules.
>[[I
>don't know what you'll come up with, so I'm leaving this open.]] Players
>may
>create or edit eir Immutable Rules by sending a message to that effect to
>public forum, without having to make a proposal for the nweek's ballot.
>[[So
>they can't be voted down.]] Immutable Rules shall be numbered starting
>from
>2000. [[Keeps 'em seperate from the rest of the ruleset.]] Immutable Rules
>may not have any effect on any part of the Game defined, governed, or
>regulated by non-Immutable Rules, and no game entity or the Administrator
>is
>compelled by Rule 10 to recognize the effects of Immutable Rules.
>MRFIXIT
>
>Now, then, Glotmorf, can you evade THAT? Feels like I'm already in the
>damn
>Quest... Quest for the Inescapable Rule...

Evade it?  Why should I evade it if it has no effect on the game as it stands now?  Hell, if the Administrator himself isn't compelled to pay attention to Immutable Rules, what possible affect can they have that requires evading?

"Immutable Rules may not have any effect on any part of the Game defined, governed, or
regulated by non-Immutable Rules, and no game entity or the Administrator is
compelled by Rule 10 to recognize the effects of Immutable Rules"

Since the current body of (presumably) non-immutable rules defines the entirety of the game, what possible meaningful immutable rule can be made?

Think you've painted yourself into a corner this time.

						Glotmorf