Glotmorf on 18 Jul 2002 04:15:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] revision

On 7/17/02 at 10:21 PM Dan Waldron wrote:

>Because maybe I wasn't being clear I have tried to carefully spell out the
>limits of what I am trying to do.  I have also reduced the penalty and the
>window in which the transgression must be caught.  In addition I have
>exempted nonwritten communication from punishment.
>
>The following is a revised version of my proposal entitled "Who said games
>were supposed to be easy?"
>
>{{
>Replace the last paragraph of section B.6 of rule 154 with the following:
>{{
>B.6.1. Syllable Limits
>
>If a player's Entropy exceeds ((Maximum Entropy) / (# of players)) / 2 , e
>is expected to use only words of three or fewer syllables in communication
>relevant to this game. If a player's Entropy exceeds (((Maximum Entropy) /
>(# of players)) / 4) * 3 , e is expected to use only words of two or fewer
>syllables. If a player's Entropy exceeds ((Maximum Entropy) / (# of
>players)), e is expected to use only words of one syllable. Comprehensible
>abbreviations and acronyms defined in the game rules are acceptable in
>order to comply with this. Also exempt are: numbers, typing symbols, and
>quotes from current rules or other public forum msgs. (though not one's
>own msgs.).
>
>Should a player post a message to the public forum that violates the above
>expectations any game actions contained in that message are ignored and
>eir score is reduced by 5 points.
>
>Should a piece of non-public-forum written communication that violates the
>above expectations be brought to the attention of the administrator the
>score of the author is reduced by 5 points if the all of following
>conditions are met:
>
>1. The author must be a player and must have been subject to the
>syllable limit at both the time of first distribution of the material in
>question and the time at which it was brought to the attention of the
>administrator.
>
>2. The writing must be on the subject of or refer directly to
>this game or some aspect of this game.
>
>3. The writing must be brought to the attention of the Administrator
>within 3 ndays of the time of first distribution.
>
>4. The Clock must be On at both the time of first distribution and the
>time of complaint.
>
>A player's score shall be reduced by no more than 25 points per nday or 50
>points per nweek due to this subsection.
>
>}}
>}}

I still wanna see comments exempted.  Okay, maybe I'm the only one who makes full use of prose form, and maybe I did manage to write an entire coherent and readable dimship tale in monosyllables, but just because I can doesn't mean it's a whole lot of fun.

If you're gonna insist on non-public-forum stuff, and I still don't think at this time that you can sway me on that, you should at least add a couple contingencies:

- The obvious intended target of the communication should be another player in this game.

- Communications made in the course of performance of ministerial duties are exempt.

						Glotmorf