Baron von Skippy on 15 Jul 2002 21:04:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] revision

> -But doesn't that still destroy the monolith? "An Ancient Monolith is
> destroyed if its location is substance fire."-
>
>                                                    -BvS-

Yes.  In my first version I thought I could have the monolith destroyed by
the normal result from throwing a bomb gnome at a grid location.  But then
I discovered that gnomes won't land in the location of an immovable
object, so it wouldn't work.  So I had to specify the destruction of the
monolith and the gnome.  The extra fire is to be consistant with the
destruction of Big Rocks, and because it's fun to burn things.

-Ah. This makes more sense, then. Fire fun...-

Anyway I kept the "is destroyed if it's location's substance becomes fire"
bit because creative players will be able to find other ways to blow them
up.  If we have multiple monoliths there might even be a chain reaction.

>-You have too much time on your hands... So, what happens when a Monolith
>is destroyed by fire? Does the cacophonus explosion still happen?-
>
>                                                   -BvS-

Only if the monolith has been used to absorbed entropy.

-Damn.-

"Should the entropy absorbed by any monolith ever exceet the entropy
capacity of that monolith,

-or should a monolith that has absorbed entropy
ever be destroyed, -

all stored absorbed entropy of that monolith is released in a cacophonous
explosion."

Oops there's a typo in there.

Dan

                                                  -BvS-