The Voice on 6 Jul 2002 15:32:05 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 19 VOTES

From: "Baron von Skippy" <baronvonskippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 19 VOTES
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 10:25:02 -0400

> -All right, this seems to be the popular track, so let's dicker, folks. How
> about a 200 point per nweek cap?-

That's insane.  Even asking for a 200 point/nweek cap and refusing to
exempt your own actions is basically admitting that this is a cheap way to
score yourself a large quantity of points. That doesn't add much
credibility to your "but I don't want to win the game, really" line.

Dan Waldron

-Good opening. You have a lower value you would prefer? (Dicker = bargain.)-

                                                  -BvS-

-I'm a little quick on the 'send' button... To offer a rebuttal to your argument: Of course I want to win. Is there anyone in this game who does not want to win? But I don't want to win in a stupid, cheap, and easy way, like any of the scams thus named. And while we're on the subject of scams, I've come up with a great one for the Minister of Weather which no one else has seen. If Summer or Winter Gnomes become the Sale Type, e could send the following message:

I purchase a Summer Gnome. (-3 points, from the Sale discount)
I squeeze the Summer Gnome twice (+4 points, from two updates of the Weather)
I repeat the above steps 1000 times.

See, I wouldn't be the only potentially victorious Minister.-

                                                        -BvS-

Allow me to nitpick...

I believe that the text of the Summer and Winter Gnomes only raises the temperature, not causes the weather to be updated. One would argue that these are the same thing, but, from my point of view, I would not be able to invoice for that.

-0- Thus Spake The Voice -0-