David E. Smith on 6 Jul 2002 04:27:06 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Mimic Gremlin

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Glotmorf wrote:

> Damn.  Thank you.  I think it was FF3, yes.  Gogo was some sort of
> primitive, wasn't he, who could learn other people's special attacks?

Yup.

And that's where the numbering gets weird -- FF3 (in the States) was FF6
in Japan. And when Squaresoft re-released some of their classic games for
the Playstation, FF6 was one of 'em. So in the States, it's both FF3 *and*
FF6.

They did the same thing with FF2US -- it was FF4J. (Actually, there were
two FF4s in Japan - the original, and a special "easy" version. In the
States, we got the easy version. I'm not sure which version they recycled
for its Playstation release.)

Talking about Final Fantasy numbering always gives me a headache. I'm
gonna go play some more Chrono Cross (which could be thought of as Chrono
Trigger 2).

Arrrgh.

...dave