Baron von Skippy on 6 Jul 2002 02:28:06 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer(Friday afternoon)

>> The way these were sent is a bit ambiguous... based on counting the braces
>> and so on, I *believe* it's to be three separate proposals. So:
> -That was the idea, yep.-
>>
>> "Now, Then, Where Was I?" is 836/0.
>> "On the Rocks/Shaken, not Stirred" is 837/0.
>> "Friends Don't Let Friends Play Nomic Drunk" is 838/0.
>> (The two previous are rectified to add Std. Delim. and "Create a rule"
>> clauses.)
> -Er, oops. I see why they were ambiguous.-

Technically, the 'Create a rule' clauses are unneccessary - we have a rule
somewhere that states that if the proposal is nothing but what appears to be
the text of a rule, then it creates a rule with the proposal's title as the
rule's title.

The part that really made these three confusing was that A) The standard
delimiters for proposals are double curly brackets, {{like this}}, not
single ones { like this }, and B) they're technically supposed to be used
only to delimit the texts of rules/proposals/CFI's/etc., not to delimit each
individual action of a proposal. Fortunately, the rules defining delimiters
are flexible enough to allow these things to pass smoothly, but it would be
helpful from the point of view of a human trying to read these to use the
official delimiters.

--
Wonko

-Sorry, I thought the singles /were/ the official delimiters...-