Glotmorf on 4 Jul 2002 02:34:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Things wrong with "Junior G-Men"

On 7/3/02 at 11:49 PM Jonathan David Amery wrote:

>Quoth Wonko:
>> No, rule 33 talks about rules conflicting. Period. No 'entire rules' are
>> mentioned - just 'rules'. And the fact that part of a rule contradicts
>> another rule means that rule 33 takes control.
>
> I do have to say that I'm with Wonko on this one, 'morf.
>
> WC.

I simply don't see this as necessarily true.  I see the two rules combining to work with each other rather than conflict with each other.  Should this ever become an issue, I suppose we can settle it with a CFI, which will be dependent on a few people's opinion, or a proposal, which will make it at least democratic.

Still, at the moment, it's not significant.  It came up because of r578 sF saying members of societies can vote.  There's nothing that says gremlins can't vote.  The rule that talks about voting rights says entities can't vote except as permitted in the rules.  Well, r578 sF is part of the rules, and it says members of societies can vote.  So if gremlins can be members (and there's nothing that says they can't be), they as members of a society can (and must) vote.

						Glotmorf