Wonko on 26 Jun 2002 03:36:04 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Recursion Limit

Quoth Rob Speer,

> I propose:
> {{ __Recursion Limit__
>
> Create a rule:
> {{ __Recursion Limit__ {* 1 *}
>
> An Action performed by a Player (not by a Proposal or a Rule) is called
> a Player Action, or PA.
>
> All PAs have a Recursion Number, which is determined by this rule.
>
> If a PA depends on one or more other PAs that have not yet been
> recognized, its Recursion Number is one greater than the highest
> Recursion Number of the unrecognized PAs it depends on. If not, its
> Recursion Number is 0.
>
> Any PA with a Recursion Number of 5 or greater does not occur.
> }}

What if I do, "As soon as any other player gives me 5 points, I throw em a
Gnome"? It's not reliant on a specific action, just the general one of
somebody giving me points. Another player could then say, "As soon as Wonko
votes yes on my prop, I give em 5 points", or simply "I give Wonko 5
points". The Recursion Number of my action is dependant on the recursion
number of the other player's not-yet-performed action, which can't be
determined until the action is performed.

--
Wonko