Wonko on 8 Jun 2002 01:02:43 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: my REAL refresh prop

Quoth David E. Smith,

> {{
> 5. Irrelevant: The question has been rendered moot by other events.
> }}

What's the difference between Irrelevant and Refused? 'moot' or 'not germain
to the game'?

> Replace the second "bullet point" item [[ the +1 respect clause ]] of Rule
> 22 with the following, incrementing the revision number of that Rule:
> {{
> * The Player awarded the Win is given a Trophy.
> }}
>
> Create the following new rule:
> {{
> __Trophies__
>
> There exist game objects called Trophies. Trophies may only be created,
> transferred, or destroyed in ways explicitly permitted by the Rules.
>
> Trophies are awarded for actions of exceptional merit or otherwise worthy
> of superlative recognition. The owner of a Trophy gains one point of
> Respect as long as e owns that Trophy.
>
> Trophies may NOT be created by Proposals, or by the direct or indirect
> effects of Proposals.
>
> }}

I actually thought a Win was an object - I've been awarded a win, therefore
I've got an object in my pocket called 'a Win'. Also, I'm not sure you
really mean "The owner of a Trophy gains one point of Respect as long as e
owns that Trophy." That either means that as long as one has a Trophy, one's
Respect keeps rising, which means infinite Respect instantaneously, or as
long as one has a Trophy, one's respect is 1, which means one can neither
gain nor lose respect. I think just giving someone a point of Respect ought
to work - we just need to fix the win rule so it doesn't clear Respect when
it blows up.

--
Wonko