David E. Smith on 7 Jun 2002 17:48:54 -0000

spoon-discuss: refresh prop, v0.2

I believe this covers pretty much everything now - mixes the gamestate up
a little bit, cleans up the most broken things, leaves fun for everyone.

{{

Cancel all pending game actions.

Add to Rule 128, at the bottom of the numbered list, the following:

{{
5. Irrelevant: The question has been rendered moot by other events.
}}

Adjust the gamestate so that all open CFIs are judged IRRELEVANT,
immediately appealed, and subsequently judged IRRELEVANT on appeal.

Remove item number 5 from the numbered list in Rule 128, and give that
rule revision number 7.

[[ Just to get all that out of the way. Basically, this way I don't have
to change the rules at all, but it clears out all those ugly pending CFIs. ]]

Adjust the gamestate so that no player is recognizing an Emergency.
[[ Otherwise we go through this again instantly. Not fun. ]]

Discard all proposals that would have been on the nweek 17 ballot, with no
penalty to their authors.

Replace "5 points" with "1 point" in the Garbage Cans rule [[ which I
can't be arsed to look up right now ]]

Destroy all DimShips.

Remove rachel from the Roster. [[ If she's still out there, and objects to
this, I'll remove this line. If not, well, it's like Garbage Collection. ]]

Place Naath on voluntary Leave. [[ Because e asked for this ]]

Set the Activity, Charm, Respect and Style dimensions of the players to
the following values:

Baron von Skippy: 4, 7, 0, 0
bd: 2, 3, 0, 0
Bean: 9, 5, 0, 0
Dan: 2, -3, 0, 0
Glotmorf: 14, 31.5, 0, 28
Iain: 0, 11.5, 0, 0
Naath: 5, -3, 0, 0
Rob: 7, 16, 1, -3
Slumbering Giant 1: 1, -6, 0, 22
The Voice: 12, 35, 0, 0
Wild Card: 7, 28, 0, 2
Wonko: 13, 45, 1, 15

[[ Basically, set them to the Roster values, 'cept giving Wonko 1 Respect
for the Win. I'll doublecheck those numbers soonish in case I got off by
a column at some point. ]]

Remove the "Fire" attribute from all squares on the Grid. [[ if it's still
there... ]]

Destroy all Gnomes, including those in Players' Gnome Bags.

Place 1d6 random Gremlins on the Grid, in random locations. Place all
other Gremlins in Hiding.

Make the balance of the Gnome Account 50 points. [[ otherwise I have to
figure out what it'd actually be and that'd be one helluva pain ]]

Reset the Clock to 18 nweeks, 1 nday, and turn the Clock On. [[ This is
merely resetting the clock "by hand" and not actually rolling time
forward. Since voting and vote-counting never happened for nweek 17, there
won't be any activity penalties involved. ]]

}}

I've also got (I think) everyone's Refresh Props on the Web site at
/~g6/refresh/ . And later this afternoon, the Pause will finally
initialize, then we've got five more days to hash things out.

...dave

---- David E. Smith, POB 515045, St. Louis, MO 63151
http://www.technopagan.org/     http://metadave.net/
http://www.bureau42.com/        http://whatIsay.com/