Wonko on 4 Jun 2002 22:05:08 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Win 2a

Quoth Glotmorf,

> No, Wonko's right.  The Grid does become not of type Fire, but not before the
> end of the nweek, so I lose five points as soon as I land at (12,11).  Which
> means anyone who cut-and-pasted my previous scam didn't score a Win either.
> But that still leaves me five points after the burn, and that's enough for two
> Gnomes...
>
> So, just for future reference, please file this as a single action under the
> name vSOI Member Gnome Scam (the non-vSOI-Member Gnome Scam is slightly
> different, since the Gnomes cost more for non-Members):
>
> {{
>
> I re-enter the Grid at (12,11).
>
> I buy 2 random Gnomes for 4 points.
>
> I Throw Out both Gnomes for 10 points.
>
> I buy 5 random Gnomes for 10 points.
>
> I Throw Out all 5 Gnomes and gain 25 points.
>
> I buy 12 random Gnomes for 24 points.
>
> I Throw Out all 12 Gnomes and gain 60 points.
>
> I buy 30 random Gnomes for 60 points.
>
> I Throw Out all 30 Gnomes and gain 150 points.
>
> I buy 75 random Gnomes for 150 points.
>
> I Throw Out all 75 Gnomes and gain 375 points.
>
> I buy 187 random Gnomes for 374 points.
>
> I Throw Out all 187 Gnomes and gain 935 points.
>
> I buy 467 random Gnomes for 934 points.
>
> I Throw Out all 467 Gnomes and gain 2335 points.
>
> }}
>
> I hereby perform a vSOI Member Gnome Scam.

Ah, the joys of semantics. Your action is illegal - you can't reenter
(12,11) as you are already there. Since you did the entire thing as a single
action, the entire action was illegal. And emergency handling has kicked in;
by the time it finishes I doubt this option will still be open.

--
Wonko
"Does anal retentive have a hyphen?"