The Voice on 29 May 2002 03:15:00 -0000

spoon-discuss: rule 0 problem

I forsee a huge problem in the near future. If this whole DimShip fiasco ends in a Rule 0 type emergency, the game as we know it will cease to exist...

It says, 'The Emergency Management procedure (hereafter in this rule known as "The Procedure") will be followed in the event of an Emergency, as recognized by the majority of the most recently formally recognized body of players in The Game.'

Step 8 reads as follows: 'First-round votes are counted. When the value of the Pause is 7, the Administrator will count all the submitted votes and announce to the Forum which Refresh Proposal received the largest number of votes. If only one Refresh Proposal received the largest number of votes, it is implemented by the Administrator and the Procedure ends; otherwise the Procedure continues to Step 9.'

Step 12 reads as follows: 'Selected Refresh Proposal is implemented. The Refresh Proposal selected from the second Ballot is implemented by the Administrator and the Procedure ends.'

The problem I forsee is-- what happens when the Procedure ends? The fact that it ends gives no indication as to what happens next, and the rule says nothing about what happens afterwards. One could say that the Administrator can then turn the Clock back on and the game would resume, but I'm not sure if this can happen... does anyone else agree/see the same problem/have a solution? Or am I merely paranoid 'cause I should be in Bed (TM)?

-0- Thus Spake The Voice -0-