Rob Speer on 29 May 2002 00:44:17 -0000

spoon-discuss: Interesting

So, given this new interpretation of the recursive effects of DimShips,
we have to look at what the offsets were 1 nweek ago (anything before
that falls under the Statute of Limitations).

I don't know where BvS was, because he's changed it since then.
BvS was at +50 Score, +50 Style, -50 Entropy, -50 Charm.
Glotmorf was at +10 Respect, -60 Entropy.
I was at +95 Score, +5 Style.
The Voice was at +95 Score, +5 Style, -65 Entropy.
Wild Card was at -5 Activity, -75 Charm, +20 Score, +60 Entropy.
Wonko was at -50 Entropy, -50 BAC.

...Oh. I just realized something.

When we set our DimShips' ballast and buoyancy, it has to check our
location before the move, but not after. So none of the displacements repeated
an infinite number of times - only once for _every action that checks
that dimension_.

Which means the people who set their offsets later in the nweek have an
effect, too.

I believe that someone has won. I don't for the life of me know who. But
I'm going to dig through some Daily Recognizers and find out.

Time to start counting...
--
Rob Speer