Alex Truelsen on 28 May 2002 15:14:16 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Kick in the ass, a great big kick in the

From: Wonko <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Kick in the ass, a great big kick in the ass, dum dum dum doo.
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 22:44:43 -0400

Quoth Alex Truelsen,

> [[ In order to ensure that this doesn't happen again... ]]
>
> I propose:
> {{ __snopes.com is your friend.__
> Add "perpetuating an e-mail hoax" to the LOGAS.
> }}
>
> -Or not... How the hell was I supposed to know that was a hoax? (Don't
> answer that, I have a way now.) Perpetuating is one thing, but being an
> unknowing victim? Being CAUTIOUS? If you wish to attack people because they
> don't know the names of every file on their hard drive, and don't know of
> every hoax out there, then I think you're the one who needs the Kick in the
> Ass.-

You can't get kicked now, 'cuz it wasn't on the LOGAS when you did it. This
is for future hoax perpetuators.

And besides, the Admin can refuse to recognize Kicks if e thinks they're
unfounded. As long as you didn't mean to do it, e can save your ass, so to
speak.

--
Wonko

-No kidding. I know that, Wonko, thanks. it doesn't change that people in this game are all too ready and willing to attack anyone who does something like this without knowing that it's a hoax. Okay, all, I promise, from now on I won't alert any of you if I have reason to believe a virus has run through your systems from mine, okay?-

                                              -BvS-

I'm gonna go hide under my nuke-proof desk now.