Gavin Doig on 28 May 2002 12:59:41 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Kick in the ass, a great big kick in the ass, dum dum dum doo.

> I'm sorry, but how is passing on an e-mail message instantly without
> bothering to check its validity "being CAUTIOUS"? In the case of most
> e-mail chain letters it's just dumb; in this case it was actually
> harmful.

"Who is the more foolish - the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Yes, the Baron made a (well-intentioned) mistake, and yes, he should have checked it out - but it was only harmful if you yourself made the same mistake, and failed to check it out.

Adding to the LOGAS will help nothing - had he known it was a hoax, he wouldn't have perpetuated it. Calling BvS dumb (albeit by implication) certainly doesn't help. All you're doing is making yourself look smug. And not in a good way.

Dave's response here was correct - inform people it's a hoax. Yay Dave, boo Rob and (less so) Naath.

uin.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup