Wonko on 23 May 2002 22:31:00 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: So this, then, must be legal?

Quoth Jonathan David Amery,

>> It's part of the rules for me. The rules say I must abide by my club's
>> charter.
>>
> But they don't say that the club charter empowers you to take
> otherwise illegal actions with the rest of the gamestate.

But it's not an illegal action - nowhere do the rules forbid it entirely.
The rules merely forbid me from taking that action if no rule lets me do it.
For a member of the LOOP, the LOOP Charter has the force of rule, as a rule
compels em to follow it. Therefore, the rules that ordinarily would forbid
me to take points from the Gremlin Fund don't, as they all defer to the rule
which gives the Charter power.

But hey, it's a Charter Prop. I don't particularly care whether or not it
passes, I'm just trying to make a point. Feel free to vote NO on it. I
would, but I'm Cursed :(

--
Wonko