Glotmorf on 20 May 2002 05:26:43 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Prop: delegation means delegation

On 5/20/02 at 12:01 AM Jonathan David Amery wrote:

>> {{ _Delegation Means Delegation_
>>
>> Change Rule 125 to read:
>>
>> "Any action which is required to be performed by the Administrator or a=
>>  Minister may also be performed by an automated script or webpage acting
>on=
>>  the Administrator's or Minister's behalf.
>>
>> If the action that such a script or webpage would perform is the
>acceptance=
>>  of submitted player actions, and said script or webpage was
>sufficiently=
>>  public as to be accessible to all players, and sufficiently secure as
>to=
>>  ensure the submitted player's identity, the Administrator may mandate
>use=
>>  of said script or webpage for that action.  For the purpose of that=
>>  specific action, said script or webpage will be considered a public=
>>  forum."
>> }}
>
> I'm in two minds about this.  I can see how it would make things
>easier, but:
>
> a) I've not always got easy access to a web-browser.
> b) When I do it's often lynx.
> c) The interface has to be well written :).
>
> Wild Card.

Well...whaddaya think of this:

http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/instarule.html

It's a tad crude, but I think it ensures a syntax-legal insta-rule.  Is it lynx-friendly?

BTW...has anyone ever tried a MUD/MUSH with Nomic?  It's telnet-based, and therefore line-oriented, and therefore compatible with any machine that can run telnet at all.  Plus, there are special-purpose clients for such things.  MUSHes, at least, are codable, which means an interface could be built out of them, and it could provide means for chat areas.

						Glotmorf