Glotmorf on 17 May 2002 22:05:44 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: CFJ on Holy Order of Points

On 5/17/02 at 5:22 PM Rob Speer wrote:

>Statement: Players who voted for proposal 676 [["Let's get some
>points!"]] did not recieve 20 points each.
>
>Reasoning: Rule 155, paragraph 2, says that "If a proposal, by adding,
>changing, or repealing rules, will generate effects which are based on
>the way players vote on that proposal, or any other specific proposal or
>proposals identified in the proposal, then those rules generate no
>effects based on the way players vote on that particular proposal."
>
>Rule 702/0 said "Every player who voted for the proposal which created
>this rule is initially a member of the Holy Order of Points.", which is
>quite clearly an effect based on the way players voted on the proposal.
>That particular effect, therefore, should not have happened, so no
>players were ever members of the Holy Order of Points, so they could not
>gain 20 points for being in it.
>
>--
>Rob Speer

This won't work because the clock is off right now.  Besides, I've got a better one:

Players who voted for proposal 676 did not become members of the Holy Order of Points.  Therefore it still exists, with Wonko as the sole member.

Same reasoning.

						Glotmorf