Gavin Doig on 15 May 2002 12:26:26 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Prop change

> Hmm... How about,
> {{
> __The Immutable Rule__
>
> If any player issues a proposal which directly or indirectly mentions this
> rule, or a set of rules which includes this rule, or any text contained in
> this rule, that player is immediately evicted from the game and all eir
> proposals are destroyed. If any rule other than this one mentions this rule,
> that rule is immediately repealed. If any proposal or rule other than this
> one attempts to change this rule, that proposal or rule is entirely void. If
> any proposal is made that, as one of its actions, gives a rule a Chutzpah
> rating higher than that of this rule, this rule automatically amends itself
> to change its Chutzpah to the highest mentioned Chutzpah plus 10. This rule
> takes precedence over all rules.
> }}

Easy. Redefine Chutzpah so lower is better, create a rule with precedence which repeals it. Per that CFJ, you can do that in one proosal. Or, if you think the "or indirectly" thing means you can't create that rule within the proosal, redefine chutzpah and make a rule with precedence that prevents players from being evicted or proosals from being destroyed, and then next nweek a separate proosal that creates a rule with precedence (so it's not "entirely void") that repeals it.

> Or, quite simply,
> {{
> __Stagnation__ {* 500 *}
>
> Players may not make proposals. This rule supercedes all other rules.
> }}

Well, you might not be able to modify that by proosal, but rule 0 still could (create a new rule, with precedence over that one, etc). Or, since it "supercedes" the other rules, not just takes precedence, you could argue that no previous rule has effect any more, and just repeal it by saying "I repeal it".

And there are almost certainly other methods for each of those.

uin.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup