Glotmorf on 7 May 2002 00:29:26 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: [[Avoiding Entropy]]

On 5/6/02 at 5:40 PM Wonko wrote:

>Quoth Glotmorf,
>
>> Mr. A...In this public forum message from Wonko, there are large
>portions of
>> text that don't have any *buzz* or *crackle* in them, despite Wonko's
>having
>> the scarf, and despite the scarf rule saying "the player's posts must
>include
>> *buzz* and *crackle* strings at random throughout".  I therefore state
>this
>> message was not a valid public forum message, and thus not a valid
>source of
>> quoting for later msgs. and props.
>

>Did you read the msg? There are *buzz*'s and *crackle*'s throughout.
>
>--
>Wonko

The message included the following:

>Change rule 348 to read:
>
>"There exists an entity called the Yeti. At the start of the 1st nday of
>each nweek, the Yeti moves three times to a random square which is not more
>than 8 units from the square e is in. When the Yeti leaves a square, that
>square becomes Frozen. Whenever a MO Moves into a Frozen square, it
>automatically makes an additional Move in the same direction it came from.
>Any square which has been Frozen for at least 1 nweek immediately ceases to
>be Frozen unless another rule prevents this."
>
>Remove the attribute Frozen from all grid squares.

While I am obliged to admit that randomness is by its very nature unpredictable, and that, yes, it is possible that a randomly *buzz/crackle*d text may in fact yield a block as large as this, I consider it (a) very highly unlikely, and (b) awful darn convenient that all four proposal texts went un-*buzz*ed.  Especially given the more typical distribution of static in the non-proposal blocks of text.

						Glotmorf