Glotmorf on 20 Apr 2002 11:08:44 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: DimShips do.... what exactly?

On 4/19/02 at 4:04 PM Eric Gerlach wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Wonko wrote:
>> Quoth Eric Gerlach,
>>
>> > Is it just me.... or are DimShips currently just a fun way to lighten
>your
>> > wallet by 100 points?
>> >
>> > ...Wow, just like real boats... a hole you throw money into...
>> >
>> > Bean
>> >

>> Um... You can move in dimensions... That's helpful...
>
>It doesn't seem to say that... It says it is *capable* of doing that at
>several locations, but Rule 493 never specifies that your dimesions
>change... not in any way I can interpret it anywho...
>
>Bean

Your dimensions per se don't change, but, thanks to being in a DimShip with ballast and buoyancy set, you are displaced in dimspace, so that it's as if you're at a different dimensional location -- a virtual location, if you will.

Which means (a) if you use a dimship to spend points you don't have, your actual points might go negative, and your virtual points would decrease because they're just a displacement from your actual points; and (b) if your dimship gets shot full of holes your actual points apply.

						Glotmorf