Joel Uckelman on 16 Apr 2002 01:32:35 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: A statement stating a desire to play.

Thus spake Jonathan David Amery:
> > Though I would think that everybody here is being
> > constantly Turing tested here, as the Turing test is,
> > since I decided to do some research, any test that will
> > differentiate a digital being from an AI, so if you get
> > the idea that I'm some programmer's imagination, and have
> > some way to prove it, I've obviously FAILED.
> >
>  I'm wondering what the intent of the rule is.
>
>  Does it stop other games of nomic joining?
>
>  WC.

It stops people from making their cats players, and then voting on their
behalf, among other things. I seem to recall that in Berserker someone
tried to add the entire population of Russia as players, which is nixed by
the consent part. And we wouldn't want to exclude non-human persons from
playing, would we?

That's roughly what I was thinking when I wrote the rule, or a near
ancestor of the rule, whichever it is now.

--
J.