Glotmorf on 15 Apr 2002 14:32:31 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: DimShip Purchase

On 4/15/02 at 10:15 AM Wonko wrote:

>It seems to me that DimShips are really useless right now... The rule
>doesn't provide any method of setting what Buoyancy and Ballast are.
>
>It also doesn't say what "launched" means in the context of a DimShip.
>
>And it doesn't explain what it means by "displaced" from eir current
>location - does that mean you move to your new location, then get displaced
>from there to a new location, etc.?
>
>If so, DimShips could cause some problems...
>--
>Wonko

Since R493 says that Buoyancy and Ballast "can" be set, that means the setting of them is not prohibited; if you say there is no "method" of setting them, that means the setting of them is not regulated.  Therefore, R18 suggests I can simply declare them to whatever values I want.

You ask if "displaced" means the player moves to his new location; R493 specifically says the player doesn't travel to a new location.

						Glotmorf