Wonko on 3 Apr 2002 03:12:54 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The Late Late Late Ballot For nweek 11

Quoth Rob Speer,

> On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 03:46:12PM +0000, David E. Smith wrote:
>> My interpretation of the rules is that, since the ballot must be issued at
>> least 48 hours before the end of Voting, that this is a vote-able Ballot
>> for the next 48 hours. Votes that are timestamped within the next 48 hours
>> after when this mail is sent will be considered valid.
>
> Hmm, that's a pretty useful interpretation, and seems to work.
>
> But doesn't this mean that the new nweek will begin before voting is
> finished?

Seems to me we've got a contradiction in the ruleset - one rule says that
the Ballot comes out at least 48 hours before the end of Voting (Rule 23,
The Ballot), the other says that Voting ends at the end of the last day of
the nweek (Rule 15, Nweekly Voting).

Since the r15 and r23 have equal Chutzpahs, r33, Chutzpah, dictates that r15
should take precedence, and thus voting closes at the end of nday 10. Sorry
if that causes a problem for anyone, but that's what the rules say. :(

--Wonko

What Do You Call A Boomerang That Doesn't Work?
 A Stick.