Wonko on 31 Mar 2002 20:13:00 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The right to not incriminate oneself

Quoth Alex Truelsen,

> From: Wonko <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: <spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The right to not incriminate
> oneself
> Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 11:11:31 -0500
>
> Quoth Alex Truelsen,
>
>> All right, this is the final time I'm doing this. Glotmorf, thank you for
>> your Notepad suggestion. That's all it took. Last time I try to edit
>> punctuation at 11:30...
>>
>> Replace the entirety of Proposal 524 with the following ONCOMINGTRAIN
>> delimited text:
>>
>> ONCOMINGTRAIN
>> {__If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving is Not For You__
>>
>> }
>>
>> Let that be the end of it.

By the way, you need a closing ONCOMINGTRAIN somewhere... Right now the prop
ends with

"
Let that be the end of it.

                                               BvS

"

> Um... but now you've got the "if Rule 501 has been removed from the ruleset"
> bit again...
> -*slaps head* The light at the end of tunnel... sometimes, it is an
> ONCOMINGTRAIN... Right, because I never edited the file this was saved as.
> Can we pretend that I made the right changes? Please? I'm thouroughly sick
> of this. As in, assume all I actually changed were various punctuation bits,
> so the workings of the proposal never changed?-
>
> Also, I think this will still end up with Copper being illegal - the rule
> will be enacted, but because the *rule* doesn't amend the Idol rule, it'll
> be illegal, and *then* the stupid sentence that made it illegal will be
> erased. But Copper will have been illegal at the time of its creation, and
> so will be not.
> -Okay. Tonight, I'll fix this whole damn thing. Deus ex Machina! And what's
> the sixth amendment?-

Something about trial by peers, isn't it?

BTW, whatever happened to the First Amendment?

> The letters in
> "To be or not to be: that is the question, whether tis nobler in the mind to
> suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune"
> can be rearranged to spell
> "In one of the Bard's best-thought-of tragedies, our insistent hero, Hamlet,
> queries on two fronts about how life turns rotten."

The letters in DORMITORY can be rearranged to spell DIRTY ROOM.

--Wonko

A thief broke into the local police station and stole all the lavatory
equipment.  A spokesperson was quoted as saying,  "We have absolutely
nothing to go on."