Wonko on 24 Mar 2002 15:47:22 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Ack! My mail was all eaten!

Quoth David E. Smith,

> On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, Rob Speer wrote:
>
>> Th Pnk Scrf s nt Mufflng.
>
> Yay!
>
>> I object to the thatement that I should be penalized
>> for not giving away the Thcarf for thith nweek,
>> because ith not yet nday 2.
>
> The penalty is for not giving it away at the start of nweek 10, not for
> nweek 11. (We're still in nweek 10)
>
> My records (i.e. the list archives) show you received the Scarf at the
> start of nweek 8 on February 26 from Scoff! and have had it ever since.
>
> You were penalized for having it at the start of nweek 9 (I send the mail
> with that penalty on March 9).  The present penalty for having it at the
> start of nweek 10.
>
> If you don't get rid of it in a couple days, you'll be penalized for
> retaining it during nweek 11 (which hasn't started yet).
>
>> At the end of the nweek, I award the Thcarf to
>> Glotmorf.
>
> There's one way to get rid of it. :-)
>
>> I buy a Big Rock, drop it on Chrithtine, run to (6,
>> 6), and fly Elbonian to (12, 12).
>
> The Rock purchase is completed, at a cost of 17 points.
>
> You're gonna love this one... The original Big Rock is crushed by the new
> Big Rock, but (and I swear I rolled this randomly) the new Big Rock has a
> siren of its own. Her name is Robin, by the way.
>
> Your move is thus illegal. Sorry, Rob.
>
> (Aside: Rob, if you need an email account, you can get one with a
> not-silly name from www.bureau42.com/mail/ . Yeah, it's blatant
> self-promotion, but there's only a couple hundred users there, so most of
> the cool names are still available.)
>
> ...dave

Wait... I thought if a Big Rock lands on another, then both are destroyed,
aren't they?

"If a Big Rock is placed in the same location as another Big Rock, both Big
Rocks, as well as anything sitting on the original Big Rock, are destroyed
and the location becomes vacant."

--Wonko

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad."
- Salvador Dali