Alex Truelsen on 21 Mar 2002 02:01:15 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: objection

The Voice intoned:
> I object to the Administrator's statement that my Entropy is negative. Rule
> 440 states,
>
> "At the end of each nweek, each player's Entropy shall increase by an amount
> equal to the sum of the increase in eir charm for that nweek and 1/2 the
> number of game actions (movements, purchases, throws, etc.)taken during that
> nweek."
>
> As my charm did not increase (one proposal passed, two failed), my net
> INCREASE in charm should be zero.  Therefore, I should not have lost
> Entropy.

 Ahh, but, speaking as a mathematician, this meant that you had a
NEGATIVE increase (that is an increase of -1 (or whatever the
appropriate number should be)).

 Wild Card.

-Oh, let's not bring mathematics into this. That's just not playing fair. Speaking as a layperson (Well, taking the stance of a layperson, anyway), increase means it goes up. Negative increase = decrease =/= increase, and we're measuring increase here.-

                                            -BvS-

"Your point is if you light a match near your calculator, it's not going to scurry away. It's all relative. A big fire for Deep Blue, a little match for a little calculator."

                           -Murray Foster of Moxy Früvous