Glotmorf on 19 Mar 2002 06:46:57 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proposal - Gremlins

On 3/18/02 at 7:10 PM Daniel Lepage wrote:

First of all, nice to see some activity once again.  I was starting to worry.  Though we still haven't heard from Mr. A for a bit...

>{{
>__The Gremlin Fund__
>
>Append to rule 256 the following $$$$ delimited text:
>$$$$
>There exists an entity called the Gremlin Fund. Whenever a Gremlin is given
>points, those points are immediately given to the Gremlin Fund. If a
>Gremlin
>loses points, those points are taken from the Gremlin Fund. The Gremlin
>Fund
>may never have fewer than 0 points.
>
>Players may give points to the Gremlin Fund in the same manner as giving
>points to other players.
>$$$$
>
>Remove the last section of rule 296.

Might want to use "paragraph" instead of "section" since the first has a specific definition and the second doesn't.

>In the last sentence of rule 296, replace the first occurrence of the words
>"Scoring Gremlin" with "Gremlin Fund".

Second-to-last sentence too?

>After the word 'points' in the second sentence of rule 297, add the text
>the Gremlin Fund".
>
>In rule 345, remove the last four words of the first section.
>In rule 345, replace the second occurrence and the third to last occurrence
>of the word "Luigi" with "Gremlin Fund". Replace the last occurence of the
>word "his" with "The Gremlin Fund's".

The second occurrence of "Luigi" is in the first paragraph.  This would produce "Gremlin Fund begins existence Active."

>After the word 'points' in the second sentence of rule 347, add the text
>the Gremlin Fund".
>
>In rule 400, replace the word 'drops' with 'buys' and 'onto' with 'on'.

Why "buys"?  This would cause the steady (and relatively rapid) depletion of the Gremlin Fund, and would mean Rocky would stop dropping Rocks if the Fund ever got close to zero.  Since Rocky's work was meant to be an automatic scheduled action, I'd at least want to see some provision for automatic scheduled income to the fund...such as perhaps a one-point tax on all passed proposals in any nweek that the Gremlin Fund has hit zero.

I'd vote against a proposal that disabled Rocky.  I wanna see what happens when the Grid fills up.

>}}
>
>This gives all Gremlins a single fund that they all work out of. Cursing,
>Bribing, etc. gives 'em more points; they lose points bcs of the Scoring
>Gremlin, buying Rocks, etc.
>

>--Wonko

BTW, you might want to take all the points gremlins currently possess and stick them in the Fund.

						Glotmorf