Wonko on 12 Mar 2002 22:52:47 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proposal - Anthologies

Quoth Donald Whytock,

> On 3/10/02 at 12:03 AM Wonko wrote:
>
>> Quoth Donald Whytock,
>>>
>>> Okay, but what if it was, like, three Limericks?  Would that still be an
>>> Anthology of Limericks?
>>>
>>> Glotmorf
>>>

>> The way it's written right now, you'd get 4 points for using limericks,
>> plus
>> three points for having more than one of them.
>>
>> --Wonko
>
> {{ _sample proposal, not to be confused with something I'd actually submit_
>
> [[
>
> "There was an old man from Nantucket
> Who kept all his cash in a bucket.
> But his daughter named Nan
> Ran away with a man,
> And as for the bucket, Nantucket.
>
> "But he followed the three to Pawtucket --
> The man and the girl and the bucket --
> And he said to the man,
> 'You can marry young Nan.'
> But as for the bucket, Pawtucket."
>
> So you see, my young friend from Yakutsk,
> If on points ya wants ta get yer hooks'k,
> Just like Paw in the tale,
>
> ]]
>
> {{ _Points are Kept in a Pail_
>
> If ya wants someone's points, then ya tooks'k.
>
> }}
>
> }}
>
> Sheer stupidity of the third stanza notwithstanding, here we have an example
> of three Limericks at 4 points each, 3 more points for the Anthology bonus,
> and 10 points for it being a story.
>
> Not like I'd actually submit the above.  Propose that Players can steal each
> other's points?  Guess what spoon-business would be bursting at the seams
> with.
>
> Glotmorf

No, you'd get four points for using Limericks, and 3 points for having
multiple stanzas, and whatever the literary criticism gives you(if that
passes) for being a story.

Each Limerick is not worth 4 points; the use of any Limericks anywhere is
worth 4 points, regardless of the quantity.

--Wonko

"Attention to health is lifes greatest hindrance. "
    - Plato

"Plato was a bore. "
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal. "
    - Leo Tolstoy

"I'm not going to get into the ring with Tolstoy. "
    - Ernest Hemingway

"Hemingway was a jerk. "
    - Harold Robbins