Gavin Doig on 13 Feb 2002 16:23:09 -0000

spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: Judgment on CFJ 388

> Ruling: FALSE
>
> Analysis: Cloudy though the wording of the original rule may be,
> it seems fairly clear to me that the intention was to use the
> haiku as an introduction, and the prose paragraph as a full
> explanation.  The prose paragraph seems clear to me: "earns 10
> Score points _if the proposal is adopted_" (emphasis mine).

That may well have been the intention, but I think it's a very poor precedent to use the *intention* of a rule, when than what it actually *says* contradicts it.

Appeal forthcoming (can I do that when the clock is stopped?).

uin.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win a ski trip!
http://www.nowcode.com/register.asp?affiliate=1net2phone3a