Eric Gerlach on 11 Feb 2002 18:10:13 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Scoff!'s votes

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Jonathan Van Matre wrote:

> NO > Proposal 343/0: Just a little bit... (Bean)
>
> Respect doesn't actually *do* anything useful yet, nor does it do anything fun, as far as I can see.

No, you're right, but it allows for an interesting possibility of a
victory condition, for instance.... I just thought that with some things
like Robs beautiful piece of "nomic poetry", we might want to acknowledge
that.

> NO > Proposal 362/1: Poetry In Motion (Bean)
>
> I was rather torn by this one.  I like limericks, but I don't see the point of cinquains.  Also, the awarding of respect for poetic proposals dilutes the concept of respect as something given by the players to recognize or disparage another player.  Considering that is pretty much *all* that respect does right now, I'm not sure why this proposal would want to make a player's Respect score less meaningful.

Well, if you like the general idea, then vote it in this week, and then
propose to repeal the cinquain rule next week (one of the reasons I made
them separate rules). I might actually vote to repeal it too (I just
wanted to add more than one form).  That way we all get points!

Bean