Jonathan Van Matre on 24 Jan 2002 18:36:17 -0000

spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: PROPOSAL self-repealers

The wind chill must be below zero in Hades, because I'm going to have to agree 100% with uin.  This proposal does nothing.

We've already established that proposals can perform game actions other than rule changes, so by definition any proposal that doesn't perform any rule changes is effectively one of your "self-repealing" proposals, but without the mess of adding and subtracting a rule.  It does what it does and goes away.

Your way just adds administrative busy work creating and repealing the rule.

As for keywords, the Administrator believes (and I concur) that e has the power to add them without a proposal being required anyway.

> I guess what I'm saying is that I don't see that this
> actually does anything.
>
> uin.

What e said.

--Scoff!