Donald Whytock on 19 Jan 2002 23:06:20 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proposal: N Heads are Better Than 1

On 1/19/02 at 1:41 PM Greg Ritter wrote:

>At 07:57 PM 1/18/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>all possible combinations of other players, for a grand total of... well,
>>I have no idea how to calculate it, as it happens. Thousands. Now, while
>>that's not terribly likely... Well, not from MOST of you... It's still
>>dangerous. Limit the number of teams a player may join and the problem
>>goes away... mostly.-
>
>Limit the number of proposals a team can submit and the problem goes away
>entirely.
>
>I won't vote for a rule that circumvents bandwidth limitations.
>
>--gritter

Amazing how that one rule o' mine has polarized the player base...:)

Personally, I saw the sense in letting larger teams submit more proposals because, let's face it, this is a majority-rule nomic game.  In theory, more than half the players could get together and vote the rest off the island, and keep that up until there's only two players left.  So if more than half the players joined in on proposals, those proposals would pass.  Still, no need for them to change the world in one turn on a mailing list I'm subscribed to...

All right, one more try:

"Team Proposals count toward a player's per-nweek proposal limit under bandwidth rationing; however, once that limit has been reached, a player may participate in up to two additional Team Proposals. [[As in, a player may submit three solo proposals and sign up for two team proposals, or submit two solo and join three team, or join five team.  Team Proposals can be made over and above the normal three, but also squeeze out solos from the bandwidth ration if they're done first.]]"

Whaddaya think?

						Glotmorf