Rob Speer on 15 Dec 2001 00:15:53 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The future never happened

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 05:30:09PM -0000, Doig, Gavin wrote:
> I create a new rule numbered 235/0, named "The Future Never Happened", with
> the following @@@ delimited text:
> @@@
> If ever any rule entitled "Statute of Limitation" exists, it is repealed,
> and this rule is then repealed.
> @@@
>
> That'll do nicely.
>
> NB: there are no proposals in this message.
>
> uin.

That is quite clearly against the rules.

You can't even use "Permissibility of the Unprohibited" to weasel out,
since that is a rule change, and Permissibility of the Unprohibited is
quite clear on when you can change the rules.

Furthermore, I believe you know that it is against the rules, and you
are hoping that you can temporarily get away with it until a justice
system is created. But no justice system is necessary for such a
clear-cut case because of rule 10.
--
Rob Speer