Joel Uckelman on 2 May 2001 16:02:06 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: Another week, another free Go stone.

Quoth "David E. Smith":
> On Wed, 2 May 2001, Harrison, Andrew wrote:
>
> > I just noticed that the current alliances list seems a little out of sync.
> >
> > The following alliances are only noted on one side:
> > J-C, C-M, S-Z, K-W, K-M, B-K
>
> Because, as far as I'm aware, they've only been proposed (and accepted) on
> one side.  Under the current rules of Political Go, alliances are NOT
> reciprocal.
>
> ...dave

Alliances are symmetric, just not transitive. If I'm allied with Poulenc,
then Poulenc is allied with me. But that does not imply anything about
standing with Poulenc's other allies, or eir with mine.

--
J.