Harrison, Andrew on 30 Apr 2001 08:11:40 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Joel, help us!

> It should be possible for a candidate to not be elected if e
> is the only
> one on the ballot if the majority votes against eim.  It
> seems wrong to
> have somebody nominate eimself and vote for eimself and win
> the election if
> everyone else votes against eim (by not voting since there is
> no method to
> vote no).  There needs to be a majority vote to get into
> office the same
> way a majority is required for a rule to pass.  If you are
> the only one on
> the ballot it should be cake to get elected.

I disagree. If only one player wants to hold an office then let them. If any
of the other players do not like it then they should have nominated somebody
else to stand in the election. And besides, they can always throw them out
of office afterwards.

--
The Kid