Joel Uckelman on 12 Apr 2001 17:08:14 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Alliance

Quoth Rob Speer:
> I don't understand how I can be allied with Poulenc and Poulenc is allied wit
> The Kid, yet I am not allied with The Kid. What would happen if the three of
> us
> were to put our stones into a Dragon?

Well, I thought it would be interesting if the alliance relation were intransitive. If all three of you were not allied, then, strictly speaking, there would be no dragon that contained all three of your stones. What you would have would be two overlapping dragons, both of which would be friendly towards the player with stones in both, and only one of which would be friendly towards the other two players.

--
J.