Benjamin Bradley on 5 Apr 2001 05:39:43 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proposal: Point Protection

I think this is a BAD IDEA.
A proposal like this will only solidify the difficulty of transferring
points. This means that players will have to keep track of eir own points
owed - which is not hard to keep track of, but enforcing payment is all
but impossible. I think we should at least have some sort of mechanism
whereby the banker or administrator can forcibly take points from a
player.
It's just - when you let times stretch out, as they inevitably do when
working with beauracracy, they eventually get lost.

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Dan wrote:
> [[This is an idea that I have been working towards for some time now.  I
> think we are finally there.  Is there anything in the rules that still
> conflicts with this?]]
>
> \start{proposal}
> \title{point protection}
>
> Enact a new rule entitled "Ownership of points is protected", with text as
> follows:
>
> In no case may ownership of a point be transfered without the consent of
> its owner.
>
> [[Note that this does not take away our ability to impose sanctions for
> the failure to transfer points]]
>
> \end{proposal}
>
> Poulenc

- Benjamin Bradley - "peaks and valleys"
- http://lostpoet.tripod.com/
- whee life what a rush