Jeff N Schroeder on 9 Mar 2001 20:19:02 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: Create new points

 Benjamin Bradley wrote:
>how about just creating a large denomination, like a 100-point chit?
>This would be the macropayment equivalent to the micropayment someone just
>came up with, except that whenever someone has 100 points, instead of
>destroying them and creating a 100p chit, the bank would create the chit,
>and sell it to the player.
>Likewise, when a player needs more points, they could "convert" it
>with the bank - at maybe a 10% fee? so they could sell a 100p chit to the
>bank for 90 points.
>the idea is to allow the bank to create chits, but simultaneously
>discourage players from hoarding them.
>
>or would that run into the same problem?

The problem is not specifically people hording points.  Unless I missed
something, Points are still required to win.  There is nothing that
Players really want to buy ('Want to' being the operative phrase).
Therefore, in the long run the bank will lose points.  A higher
denomination would be a good idea, though.  but inevidably the points
would have to be created from the ether.

jeff